Kampyle has recently made some new and important additions to the feedback form and to the data displayed in each individual feedback item. Probably the most important addition is the new possibility of asking users to submit more contact details (phone, name and address) in addition to the existing email submission field. These improvements are a great opportunity to discuss Kampyle’s individual feedback items, in which all the data on a single feedback is displayed. Every feedback item is, after all, the heart of our system, and understanding its structure can be a great help to better understand you users’ feedback. So here is a detailed description of Kampyle’s “feedback item”, for your benefit. We would love to hear your feedback!
1. Summary Line
The summary line of the feedback item displays a summary of the feedback in 5 rows:
- Feedback status: a feedback item’s default status is “new”. You can change the status (to “In process”, “Completed” or “Confirmed”) by clicking the “edit” button at the bottom of the item.
- Email: the email of the user who submitted the feedback, when available.
- Description: the feedback description text.
- Time & Date: the feedback’s submission date and time.
- Flag: Flag mark. You can mark an item as “flagged” by clicking on the flag icon (or unmark a flagged item in the same way).
When the column width is too small to display the entire feedback description, just hover over the feedback summary line with your mouse cursor, and you’ll be able to view the full description without opening the item.
2. Feedback Data
The Feedback Data section provides details centered on the feedback information submitted. These details include: Description: the full text of the feedback description submitted by the user. Feedback form: the name of the feedback form through which the feedback was submitted. URL: the exact website URL in which the feedback form was opened and submitted. Category: the category and sub-category selected by the user and submitted in the feedback item. Grade: the grade selected by the user and submitted in the feedback item as an answer to the opening question – “1” being the lowest grade and “5” being the highest.
3. Contact Details
The contact details section displays the contact information, if submitted by the user, in the last section of the feedback form. These contact details may include: Email: the email of the user who submitted the feedback, when available. If your site uses a login section, Kampyle allows you to collect emails automatically by recognizing the open session. This feature is called “User Integration” :
- Phone (New): the phone number of the user who submitted the feedback, when available.
- Name (New): the name of the user who submitted the feedback, when available.
- Address (New): the address of the user who submitted the feedback, when available.
Kampyle allows you to choose which contact fields you wish to display to your site’s users. In the feedback form customization page, click on “Contact Fields” link to the right of each feedback form instance and select the contact fields you want to use.
4. User Info
The user data section displays several details that relate to the specific user who submitted the feedback, such as his location and technical configurations. In this section you will find the following information:
- Browser: the name and version of the browser in use by the user who submitted the feedback.
- OS Platform: the name and version of the user’s operating system.
- IP Location: the geographic location of the users who submitted feedback, based on the IP address.
- IP Address: the full IP address of the user who submitted the feedback. In certain countries collection if IP numbers is not allowed. You can disable the collection of this data by checking the appropriate box in the account settings page. Cookies enabled: this field states whether cookies are enabled in this user’s browsers (yes/no)
- Browser language: the default language of the user’s browser. Screen Resolution: the screen resolution of the user who submitted the feedback.
- Color Depth: the color depth configuration of the user who submitted the feedback. Flash Version: the flash version in use by the user who submitted the feedback.
You can compare the user data of specific feedback items, in order to find common technical characteristics. Simply select the relevant feedback items (using the checkboxes on the left), and choose “Explore User Info” in the “More Actions” menu, just above the inbox.
Kampyle’s feedback contains more information that can be extremely useful. These additional details can be found in the details section:
- Adwords: using Kampyle’s integration with Google analytics, this field reveals the information about the Adwords Campaign which brought the user to your website.
- Keywords: using the same integration with Google Analytics mentioned above, this field displays information about the keywords which brought the user to your website.
- Submission: this field refers to the method by which the feedback form was opened by the user – either when the user clicked on the feedback button (“Feedback Button”), or through Kampyle’s pop-up mechanism (“Active Request”).
- Item ID: the item ID is a unique identifier of a feedback item. Each feedback item has its own feedback ID.
- Priority: the priority of the feedback item is a field that can help you to manage your feedback more efficiently. By default, the priority of new feedback is “Medium”. You can change the priority (to “Low” or “High”) by clicking the “edit” button at the bottom of the item.
We hope you will have found this information helpful. If you have more questions or comments about individual feedback items, don’t hesitate to comment on this post, send us feedback, or contact our support team! thank you, the Kampyle Team